Sunday, July 06, 2008

A stunningly splendid piece meticulously sculpted by my cuz - Liz.
Enjoy.

Story of the River

With a deep breath I traveled to find myself
And the me, my talents that is my wealth

That is when I had a chat with the river just the other day
He told me his story in sense of my dismay

He spoke of times of tensions and doubts
That left him feeling like he has befallen a drought

He couldn’t see himself as vast as the ocean
Facing each day with lesser and lesser emotion

He knew with each passing day he was disappearing
Then he remembered the songs of those who were endearing

They said don’t fret and be strong
For only you can reassure yourself that you can’t be wrong

For why should you let the world dictate
As there is no one better than you to imitate

True there are others whom you hope to become
But only you hold the card that unleashes your trump

So quit wallowing in uncertainty
Go forth and make value of your dexterity

The river thus became still
To me my reflection he then revealed

The wind blew and its wings gently touched the river
Drawing ripples which grew larger and larger

He then said I still have much to discover
Despite the gifts and talents that I already have armored

Believe in yourself that you stand firm
And thus this chapter will now adjourn

I hope you see what other like me do in you
So go forth and start this life of yours anew