Monday, July 26, 2004

The "aftermath" 
  
I haven't been penning my thoughts down lately partly due to the adaptation I had to make from the transition between the Switzerland trip and reality.. On the day of my arrival back to Singapore, my feelings were simply numb; bidding farewell to the company I was with the past week was a simple feat and I thought that I was simply tired(due to the jet lag I suppose), so much so that I had tossed away all happy as well as unhappy thoughts, for the longing of seeing my bed. 

When I woke up at 7pm in the evening(slept for 6 hours), I felt a tinge of sadness mixed with a sense of helplessness. With the impending exams, I knew I was in deep shit. There I sat on the familiarly comfortable "wheelie" chair, my eyes were fixed on an insignificant trinket owned by my brother and I began to reminisce about the various events that took place in Switzerland as well as its picturesque landscapes and landforms shaped up by the phenomena of nature. As I teared, I told myself that it was over. It's now back to fixed routines and busy schedules with tonnes of workload. Hey, I do know that most of you people out there had experienced or are still experiencing this "side-effects" of the trip, just to let you know that it is over and be brave about facing reality. Afterall, you are not alone in this.

Mood: Hungry