Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Death looms..

Recently, I've heard about a few tragedies that made me treasure life even more.. First was the demise of my uncle then was the news about a secondary sch girl, my junior in tkss, who had languished during 1 of the recent band practices and was diagnosed with brain tumour. She had her 1st operation today and the doctors are still deliberating as to whether the 2nd operation can be conducted due to the overgrown tumour.

2 days ago when I went to help out at my uncle's wake, I witnessed several incidents where my cousins(the 2 daughters of my uncle) actually put on a false upfront by holding back their tears and pretending to cast mild smiles on their faces when their friends came to visit them. However, after exchanging a few lines of conversation, they would be embraced by the warmth brought about by those who cared. Tears would then come trickling down their cheeks and unmask their true yet sincere emotions.

Then came a question which I had pondered over for quite sometime. I wondered if anyone would shed their tears for me when death has decided to withdraw my existence from the world. Perhaps I'm worthy of the tears of my parents... and my brother of course.. but I ain't sure about my friends.

Mood: Itchy