Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The return of the haze..

The usual morning air rush had been conquered by what seemed like a familiar foreign odour. The haze had once again intruded the atmosphere of Singapore, and ever so gingerly, it permeated into the homes of the locals just like it did into mine. As I peered over the buildings from the 8th storey, my vision was greatly obscured by the remnance of burnt trees as the dust particles housed in it reflected all illumination from the fiery ball.
I was awakened by a relapse of migraine as the pain struck in spasms as well as by the effects of the choking mist. After which, I received a SMS from my Mum that encapsulated the death of my uncle, who had been diagnosed with liver cancer a month or so ago, just half an hour before I woke up.

Ahh.. what a fateful morning. Darn.

Mood: Lost/Blank