Sunday, May 09, 2004

Slacker is my middle name

Just been through another uneventful day. Nothing much. The only thing that was etched in my memory today was about this funeral procession thing down the road just adjacent to Gan Eng Seng secondary. You must be wondering why that particular event was so significant to me.
Alright, after witnessing the "road-march" behind the coffin, recollections of the death of my late Grandfather flashed right upon my conscious mind. It was as if reliving the 3-day wake again. Even though I was, and still am a Christian, i was compelled to follow the Buddhist rituals during the wake of my Grandpa because my Grandmother was an extremely devotee in the Buddhist religion so much so that she had converted her HDB home into a temple-like altar. I did experience the "road-march" and we had to walk barefooted on the roads in boring white tops and dark bottoms. I can still remember the atmosphere that was created then; silent, yet the only sounds heard were cries of regret and mourns of remorse. Everything else that had occurred simultaneously were seemingly halted, at that moment of time, just for the funeral procession to take place.
So much for the funeral, it's Mother's Day today! However, I only had a simple lunch with my Mum at Swensen's(PS). Although I didn't feast on anything there, my purpose was met -- to accompany my Mum on Mother's Day. My presence there was a little insignificant as I didn't chat much with my Mum and Brother.Yep.. I went home by myself later cause I was tired and was supposed to study but i didn't. Hah. Screw terms.

Mood: Feverish/Shagged