Monday, May 31, 2004

Friendships that bind..

Feel compelled to type this down.. about what happened today before watching the show..
5 of us were supposed to meet at 1pm to settle our lunch then catch the 150pm movie. And A reached incredibly early, at around 1230pm, so I told her to get the tickets first. Just about 15mins before the show,(only A and I were there, the rest were late) B called to announce that C was coming when actually C did not reply D's message the previous night to confirm his presence today.
Alrite, to sum it up.. C was the 6th person for today's movie and it was unexpected. So, A and I went to queue up for his ticket praying that there will be seats available such that all of us can sit together. Our hopes were not only dashed but the closest seat to us, was on the other end of the theatre.
Here's the highlight:
Upon arrival,B thought of a "novel idea" and volunteered to take the "solitude" seat without any procrastination even though his primary objective of coming out is to watch a movie with us and to go home thereafter.
"What a great friend" I thought. Although I was thinking of taking the seat of despair, I deliberated and didn't come to a firm decision. Later, B and C sat one infront of the other elsewhere in the theatre with the rest of us sitting together. The motive of B being such that C will not be ostracised and forced to sit alone.
Although this may be a rather insignificant event that can be overlooked and simply forgotten, I find such friendships worth having and I do revere him as a true friend; for the fact of voicing out his immediate solution which stood on the losing end and executing it without any hesitation.
Indeed, I'm enlightened. I really am.

Mood: Extremely awake